In Paul’s closing statement to the Philippian Church three statements stand out: I accept all, (4:11-12), “I can do all,” (13 KJV), and “I have all,” (18 KJV). How can we emulate such faith? Here are some suggestions:
1. Surrender each day. “I urge you brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices …” (Rom 12:1 NIV). Begin your day by surrendering to God.
2. Pray each day. Get alone with God and pray the acronym: Praise, Repent, Ask and Yield.
3. Renew your mind each day. “… Be transformed by the renewing of your mind …” (Rom 12:2 NIV). Do this through a systematic reading of the Bible.
4. Guard your day. “Whatever is true … noble … right … pure … lovely … admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think on these things,” (Phil 4:8 NIV). Deal with impure thoughts instantly; don’t cultivate them.If they take root and grow they will rob you of your joy. Deal with impure thoughts by memorizing the Word of God.
5. Remember this as you go through your day: Jesus first, others second, yourself last!
It’s a Battle,